Date:      Fri, 8 Sep 2006 13:32:16 -0700
From:      "Josh Carroll" <josh.carroll@psualum.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Acroread doesn't find a lib

Does /usr/X11R6/lib/libXfixes.so.3 exist? It is in the
xorg-libraries-6.9.0 package, so you might try re-installing it (via
ports or pkg_add, depending which you originally used).

If it does exist, try running ldconfig to see if the library shows up:

ldconfig -r | grep libXfixes.so.3

If it doesn't, you can try:

ldconfig -m /usr/X11R6/lib

Then see whether it's showing up with ldconfig -r.

Josh