Date:      Thu, 18 May 2000 12:02:39 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Frank Tobin <ftobin@uiuc.edu>
To:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: New host key for freefall!

Robert Watson, at 11:31 -0400 on Thu, 18 May 2000, wrote:

> However, I think an organized campaign here would make a difference--if
> your company has an NAI/PGP sales rep, let them know that you're
> interested in a native FreeBSD build.  In particular, let them know if you
> are willing to spend money--there's no point in building a visible demand
> that falls through on the sales side, making it less likely to happen next
> time :-).

Currently, GnuPG is probably a more acceptable open source OpenPGP
implementation than NAI's PGP.  The fact that it is totally unencumbered
by patents and developed outside the US is good for any import-export
quirks.

--
Frank Tobin		http://www.uiuc.edu/~ftobin/

"To learn what is good and what is to be valued,
those truths which cannot be shaken or changed."  Myst: The Book of Atrus