Date:      Thu, 20 Sep 2001 21:06:06 +0200
From:      "Maarten Koopmans" <m.koopmans2@chello.nl>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   jail with two IP addresses

Hi,

I want to jail a webserver on a box with two NICs. One Internet domain and
one DMZ.

In the DMZ there are application servers that connect to the webserver box
using NIC2, while the webserver serves on NIC1. I'd like to use the jail
facilitity, but I read that it only allows one IP address for incoming and
outgoing connections. So it seems that I cannot use jail. Is this correct?

What about localhost? Can two jailed processes (in different jails) connect
to each other using localhost? I have the feeling they can't but I can't
find a definitive no in the docs.

Thanks,

Maarten Koopmans