Date:      Sat, 5 Aug 2000 12:56:34 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problmes with Soundblaster 16 pci getting commonplace and no end

I personally had some (unsolved ) problems with SoundBlaster 16 pci on
es1373 . I have seen some other complaining about the same card. The whole
explanation in handbook/HOWTOs/on sites of self-declared gurus/is spinning
around the same mantra of enabling of "device pcm" and setting appropriate
interrupts, it is obviously of not avail for at least 2 persons.You know
probably I am not the brightest in fbsd community maybe even obvoiously
not the brightest  but I am CS student and to-recompile kernel will
be managable even for me . Besides I do not understand why is it so hard
to write an clean interface to FFT and D/A/D-converter(main pieces of hard
ware in the soundcard) . So once more:What steps are necessary and how are
they to execute to enable soundcard :Soundblaster16 on pci bus on 3.4-REL
?The question has only applied meaning of doing exactly this(enabling
soundcard) I guess I could rather imagine the theoretical background of
computer-generated sound

Regards,
Ariel