Date:      Fri, 28 Apr 2000 22:02:12 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Dan O'Connor <dan@mostgraveconcern.com>
Cc:        Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>, Scott <sbarron@ansic.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATAPI CDR's in 4.0-RELEASE

Dan O'Connor wrote:

> >> Mine works (though only after applying patches from Soren Schmidt).
> Since
> >> you don't have a Hewlett-Packard drive, you may have no problems.
> >
> >What patches does he have. I also have an HP-8100i and it doesn't
> >burn.
>
> Ditto on more info, please...
>
> I'm in the process of upgrading from 3.4 to 4.0, hoping this would cure the
> problem I have with an HP 8250i. It won't burn in 3.4. Well, I got it write
> *one* CD, but then I couldn't mount it (it is readable in MS Windows, go
> figure). I have no problems mounting the FreeBSD CD's, but I get iocontrol
> errors  whenever I try to write...

It will be interesting to see what the fix is. There was one message
about adding "sleep(10);" in burncd.c right after where it writes the
message about
if (!quiet)
        fprintf(stderr, "fixating CD, please wait..\n");
sleep(10);

In the messages I read, it shouldn't matter but it also worked for me.
I still get the "PREVENT_ALLOW" messages but the CLOSE_TRACK/SESSION
message goes away. I don't get any READ_TOC messages after that and it
mounts.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kstewart@3-cities.com

SETI(Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) @ HOME
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

Hunting Archibald Stewart, b 1802 in Ballymena, Antrim Co., NIR
http://www.3-cities.com/~kstewart/genealogy/archibald_stewart.html