Date:      Mon, 17 May 1999 07:25:19 +0200
From:      Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
To:        Joe Mama <routerg@home.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: 3.1

On Mon, May 17, 1999 at 12:14:01AM +0000, Joe Mama wrote:
> Hello, I have just done a fresh upgrade/install from 2.2.8 to 3.1
> stable.  I've been having 2 problems for that last 2 days that I can't
> figure out.
>
> Windowmaker  gives the error
>
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libwraster.so.1" not found
>
> libwraster.so.1 is not on the system...I have tried to install
> windowmaker from sysinstall, port, pkg_add and source with the same
> result.  Enlightenment, twm, and blackbox work fine.

I had similar problems, when upgrading from 2.2.8->3.1 with windowmaker.
Unfortunately I don't remember exactly how I solved it, but it had to do
with old a-out libs that was still in their original lib-directorys
instead of in lib/aout When I got rid of the a-out's everything started
working, after having to recompile the most of the programs I use (so
they became Elf

--
                           __o
regards, Gunnar       ---_ \<,_