Date:      Thu, 7 Mar 2002 06:41:26 +0100
From:      Cliff Sarginson <csfbsd@raggedclown.net>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache, advice on simple version

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 06:31:10AM +0000, Peter Ulrich Kruppa wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Michel Weenink wrote:
>
> > Hello Cliff,
> >

> > Wednesday, March 06, 2002, 11:01:30 PM, you wrote:
> >
> > CS> Hello,
> >
> > CS> Here is a simple question.
> > CS> I want to install a no-frills apache web server.
> > CS> A simple disher-upper of web pages, no special security,
> > CS> no elaborate features.
> > CS> Which of the zillion ports do you Apache afficionados
> > CS> recommend ?
> >
> > I guess the apache13 port in www is most normal - you'll get dynamic
> > modules installed which you can comment out if you don't need them, to
> > make the thing 'lighter'.
> >
> > If you don't especially need apache I hear thttpd is great too.
> If you have got the apache2 port on your machine you can use it
> as well.

Thanks for the answers, I tried the apache13 port and it installed and is
running nicely :).

The main reason I asked is that I have not fiddled around with Apache
for about 2 years or so, and I notice from the volume of questions on it
and my cursory reading of Apache Week from time to time it seems to be
growing ever more featureful. I wanted the simplest installation
possible for the time being (security and "features" come later if it
ever gets into the public gaze :).

--
Regards
   Cliff Sarginson -- <csfbsd@raggedclown.net>