Date:      Mon, 29 Oct 2001 23:58:49 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Makefile unification

Warner Losh writes:
: I took some time out to update my Makefiles and redo my kern.mk
: patches that had gotten out of date before I could get them done.
: These patches are up to date and appear to work for me on i386 (and
: maybe pc98, it is building now):
:
: 	http://people.freebsd.org/~imp/Pkern
:
: It creates a new src/sys/conf/kern.mk that contains most of the guts
: of the kernel makefiles to make it even easier to keep them all in
: sync.

Actaully, I updated the above.  It turns out my first attempt didn't work
after make clean blew away my _if.h files.

So now I have a kern1.mk and kern2.mk, one at the beginning, and one
at the end to properly deal with things.

Warner