Date:      Fri, 4 May 2001 13:43:29 -0700
From:      "Michael O'Henly" <michael@tenzo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        bear_cam@mindspring.com
Subject:   Re: PHP build problem from ports

Lately this has happened to me when "make" tries to retrieve from one of the
US FreeBSD sites without falling back to less stressed servers. For example,
/usr/ports/net/cvsup-bin -- the first thing I needed to install after 4.3 --
failed for this reason.

What I did was manually download the source file from a site that wasn't
specifically polled by "make", put it /usr/ports/distfiles, then run "make"
again. Smooth sailing from that point on.

The fact that it worked on another machine may just be luck (?) -- i.e., at
that particular moment the load on the host was low enough to let you in.

M.

--
Michael O'Henly