Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 1995 14:08:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jan Isley <jan@bagend.atl.ga.us>
To:        flodin@cps204.cps.cmich.edu (Phil Flodin)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Mounting DOS drive?

Phil Flodin wrote:

> 	I am writing this for a friend of mine.  I am trying to help him
> get FreeBSD-2.0.5 running on his system.  Now for me it was no big deal,
> I have a SCSI2 HD and CDROM and it went easy.  Now my friend doesn't, he
> has IDE and we are trying to install from a DOS partition.  Anyway for
> the life of me I can't get the partition to Mount therefore we are stuck.

The command is /sbin/mount_msdos... man mount_msdos

Synopsis

    mount_msdos  [-u uid] [-g gid] [-m mask] special node

I have a dos partion on wd0s1 that is mounted on /dos.
Here is the line from /etc/fstab

/dev/wd0s1	/dos	msdos	rw 0 0
--
Jan Isley              Nothing is permanent.  Everything Changes.
jan@bagend.atl.ga.us   That's the one thing we know for sure in this world.