Date:      Sun, 9 Jul 2000 21:17:00 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Alex Charalabidis <alex@wnm.net>
To:        bartequi@neomedia.it
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Viruses for Unix (was Re: Virus alert, was: Re: SCSI Question)

On Sun, 9 Jul 2000, Salvo Bartolotta wrote:

> However, my current understanding is that "viruses" canNOT damage
> FreeBSD (or, more generally, a Unix system), provided the following
> conditions (The Three Laws of Good Administration(tm)) are met:
>
> axiom I: Never execute untrusted binaries as root;
> axiom II: Never execute untrusted binaries as root;
> axiom III: Never execute untrusted binaries as root. :-)

Rule IV: Don't run untrusted binaries as a user.

-ac

Alex Charalabidis (AC8139)            5050 Poplar Ave, Ste 170
Systems Administrator                        Memphis, TN 38157
WebNet Memphis                                  (901) 432 6000
Author, The Book of IRC              http://www.bookofirc.com/