Date:      Thu, 7 Jun 2001 14:08:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Ian P. Thomas" <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
To:        awallace@physics.angelo.edu (Andrew Wallace)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: upgrade

	If you recompile your kernel using the newly installed sources you
should be ok.  There is a new way to config and install kernels that is
different than the way in 3.x.  On this list though, I have heard that it
is better to do a fresh install of 4 and move things over from 3.  If
you're not already subscribed to stable, do that.  Also check out the
handbook online for the new wat to recompile in 4.x.

Ian

In the last episode, Andrew Wallace stated...