Date:      Sun, 12 May 1996 21:46:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
To:        Don Yuniskis <dgy@rtd.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD hackers <freebsd-hackers@freefall.freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: GUS MAX on 2.1R

On Thu, 9 May 1996, Don Yuniskis wrote:

> How do the irq and drq settings for the device correspond with the DOS
> settings -- of which there are quite a few "extras"?

    Hmmmm... I don't recall having to jump through any hoops to get my
GUS MAX working under 2.1R.  Just two lines in my config file:

controller      snd0
device          gus0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 12 drq 1 vector gusintr

    This is what I get during the device probe:

gus0 at 0x220 irq 12 drq 1 on isa
gus0: <Gravis UltraSound MAX (512k)>
gus0: <GUS MAX (CS4231)>

    The port address on the card itself is set to 0x220, and I think
the OS can set the IRQ/DRQ (at least the DOS drivers seem to be able
to).  s3mod and xanim both work beautifully with the GUS MAX.
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@io.org, taob@ican.net)
Systems and Network Administrator, Internet Canada Corp.