Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 2002 08:27:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris BeHanna <behanna@zbzoom.net>
To:        FreeBSD-Stable <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Recent vnode-handling Changes?

    Has there recently been some fundamental change in the way vnodes
are invalidated or recycled?  I've had a number of crashes lately, and
most of them end up looking like invalid vnode pointers (I posted a
recent such crashdump to this list a few days ago).

    Of course, I'm stressing that system much harder now:  I'm doing
video captures to a large RAID volume, and I'm working with file sizes
in the 40-70GB regime, with a lot of I/O happening in a short amount
of time.

    If this is a tuning issue, I'd be happy to try things suggested by
those in the know.

--
Chris BeHanna
Software Engineer                   (Remove "bogus" before responding.)