Date:      Fri, 17 Mar 1995 14:54:58 -0600
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.NoDak.edu>
To:        magnus@quark.lu.se, mnewell@lupine.nsi.nasa.gov
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.org, torsten@haxan.quark.lu.se, ulrik@haxan.quark.lu.se
Subject:   Re: Audio Video support for FreeBSD ?

>  I also have a ComputerEyes/RT board; they sent (well,
>  sold...) me their developer's kit which I received yesterday; I plan to
>  see if I can get something working in the next few weeks (unless someone
>  else has already done so????? :{)

the ComputerEyes Media Vision RT driver is in the "pub/FreeBSD/incoming"
directory on wcarchive.cdrom.com. there is also a version nv that uses
the driver in the same directory (ls *mft*). as my standard disclaimer
the Computer Eyes Media Vision RT board that has a driver is the interuptless
and does not map the frame buffer to I/O space. all 3 bytes by 512x480 pixel
must be read through an I/O port and the is SLOW (20 seconds 386/25MHz, a
couple seconds pentium/90 MHz) -- defintely not real time. it does work
good for MBONE conferencing tools (such as nv) or Web frame grabber. halfing
the interlace and skipping a pixel could cut these times by about 3.

--mark.