Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 2003 13:20:59 -0800
From:      Jeffrey Hsu <hsu@FreeBSD.org>
To:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Alfre's malloc changes: the next step

I'm going to weigh in here on the side of the all the seasoned BSD veterans
that we should preserve the M_WAIT flag.  I like saying M_WAIT when I mean
M_WAIT.  I dislike saying 0 when I mean M_WAIT.

The fundamental problem here is that M_WAIT looks like a bit flag.  That
problem should be directly solved by defining it to be a bit flag.  There
are no ABI issues with this in FreeBSD 5.x.

Warner's proposal to automatically detect programming error is also
a good idea.  And, that relies on making M_WAIT a bit flag too.

Let's solve the problem where it really lies by simply making M_WAIT
a bit flag.

							Jeffrey