Date:      Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:58:10 +0100
From:      "Freek Nossin" <freeknossin@tiscali.nl>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   format slice

Hello,

I have a freebsd installation on a disk with two slices. One of them has the
current freebsd install, the other has a win2k installation. I want to
convert the win2k slice to a freebsd slice (by deleting the old one and add
a new one). I followed the handbook but when I try to delete the win2k
slice, and want to write the changes to the disk, sysinstall returns "a disk
error". The steps I took were simple:

- run sysinstall en select fdisk
- choose delete on the NTFS slice
- Write changes

Then sysinstall complains that it cannot do that (no specific information on
the cause of the error is displayed).

Does anyone know what can be wrong and how can I solve this?