Date:      Tue, 20 Apr 1999 09:04:57 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Marius Bendiksen <mbendiks@eunet.no>
To:        "C. Stephen Gunn" <csg@physics.purdue.edu>
Cc:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Entombing for FreeBSD

> It's flexible.  I wish the entire world ran FreeBSD, but it doesn't.
> Andy and I can't even get our entire world to run FreeBSD.  We've got
> Irix, SunOS, TitanOS, AIX, NeXT, and Linux to deal with.  Can I get
> the source to write VFS layers for all of those as well?

Wouldn't some parts of the code base still be common?

In that case, you could probably seperate large portions of the code from
the implementation specifics, and thus build it as a filesystem stack on
FreeBSD, and as a libc mod on systems with different stacking models, or,
as the case may be, none at all.

- Marius -