Date:      Wed, 9 Dec 1998 02:22:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>
To:        sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   working on egcs

I have egcs 1.1.1 producing what looks like sparc code, gas doesn't choke
on it so it seems ok.

I've applied the patches suggest to me by Kapil Chowksey, but i'm a bit
worried, all the patches from the ultralinux distribution seem to have
never made it into egcs.

I'm keeping the best diff log i can at the moment, however I need guidance
now.  Shall i hand patch all the files so they are akin to the 2.7.2.2
post-patch files?  Or would this be suicidal because egcs's inner workings
may have changed drastically?

I'm sorry i haven't put anything up for cvs as of yet, the reason is
mostly time and that i'm considering the only person that's given me stuff
to work on has been Kapil.  I guess if we get one more active developer i
will definetly get things up in a more public way.

thanks to all for suggestions and help so far,
Alfred Perlstein - Programmer, HotJobs Inc. - www.hotjobs.com
-- There are operating systems, and then there's FreeBSD.
-- http://www.freebsd.org/                        3.0-current