Date:      Mon, 17 May 1999 08:27:54 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Adam Szilveszter <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
To:        youlgok@ibm.net
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Netscape US(128-bit encrption) version

Hi!

> Where can I get the strong encrption(128-bit encrption) version (or US
> version) of Netscape Communicator 4.5x or higher?  I checked out
> ftp.netscape.com, ftp.freebsd.org, www.freebsd.org and it seems they
> have only 'export' versions.  I find a link to the US version at
> www.freebsd.org/ports/www, but it seems it doesn't have the file.
Well, it's actually quite tricky:-))))) When you download the file, it
says 'export' but if you use -USE_128_BIT or something similar when
installing (it prints it when starting the install program) then it will
be the strong version. (Provided the variable USA_RESIDENT in make.conf is
not set to NO, of course) So if you are entitled to using it then simply
set this variable to YES and it will be possible to install it w/ strong
encryption.

BTW, Netscape 4.6 is already out, for FreeBSD as well. Running it now,
there is no big difference just thought somebody might be interested. (Not
yet in the ports as far as I konw but no trouble to install)

Regards:
          Szilveszter

          Szeged University
          Hungary