Date:      Mon, 20 Jan 2003 14:23:22 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kenneth Culver <culverk@yumyumyum.org>
To:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
Cc:        Trish Lynch <trish@bsdunix.net>, <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD panic with umass

> To start, copy a quirk entry and wildcard a lot:
>   "Genesys*", "*", "*"
>
> Then do camcontrol inquiry daX and change the quirk to be more specific.
>
> Backtrace would be useful since you shouldn't be getting a panic.  At the
> worst, your usb reader just wouldn't work.
>
> -Nate

That was what I was going to try the next time I'm on that computer. I'm
not going to be home to try it for a couple of days though, but I'll let
people know, and file a PR with the fix once I have it.

Yeah, I'll have a backtrace soon too, I think it's related to GEOM though
based on what I saw when I booted with boot -v. There is no da0 but GEOM
seems to think there is. I don't know what's causing the STABLE panic, but
I think that's what's causing the -CURRENT one.

Ken