Date:      Fri, 06 Nov 2015 11:17:33 -0800
From:      Patrick Powell <papowell@astart.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: www/mod_auth_mysql2 should be disabled for apache24

On 11/06/15 08:03, Andreas Nilsson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Trying to resort to this module for mysql auth support in apache, I got the
> exact same problem:
>
> httpd: Syntax error on line 533 of /usr/local/etc/apache24/httpd.conf:
> Syntax error on line 2 of /usr/local/etc/apache24/Includes/my-ssl.conf:
> Cannot load libexec/apache24/mod_auth_mysql.so into server:
> /usr/local/libexec/apache24/mod_auth_mysql.so: Undefined symbol
> "ap_requires"
>
> Since ap_requires was removed with apache24 release, there is no point in
> building for apache24.
>
> Best regards
> Andreas

Apparently these modules have been replaced/upgraded by mod_dbd
Here is what I have in an httpd.conf file:

######## LOADMODULE #############
LoadModule authn_dbd_module libexec/apache24/mod_authn_dbd.so
LoadModule authz_dbd_module libexec/apache24/mod_authz_dbd.so
LoadModule dbd_module libexec/apache24/mod_dbd.so

<VirtualHost *:80>

   <IfModule mod_dbd.c>
     DBDriver mysql
     DBDParams "host=127.0.0.1 dbname=useraccounts user=secret
pass=password"
     DBDMin 1
     DBDKeep 8
     DBDMax 20
     DBDExptime 300
   </IfModule>

And a matching entry in htaccess.  I suspect this could be added to
the VirtualHost entry rather than in a separate file.

<IfModule mod_dbd.c>
     AuthBasicProvider dbd
     AuthDBDUserPWQuery "SELECT password FROM permissions WHERE id = %s"
     Require valid-user
     AuthType Basic
     AuthName "accounting"
</IfModule>

There were  quite a few helpful  'HOWTOs' on using the mod_dbd module
and MySQL.
Note that you may need to update/add MySQL support to the devel/apr1
module as it is not included by default.

I hope this helps or at least gives some hints on using the mod_dbd
module approach.

--
Patrick Powell                 Astart Technologies
papowell@astart.com            1530 Jamacha Rd, Suite X