Date:      Sat, 23 Feb 2002 12:27:28 +0100
From:      Pascal Munerot <pascal.munerot@mangoosta.fr>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD and notebooks : Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D install

Hi freeBSD users,

I am planning the installation of freeBSD 4.5 onto my Fujitsu Siemens
Amilo D notebook. I would like to know if anyone did it and if there are
any drawbacks or shortcomings to know about.

I am new to freeBSD (coming from linux). I am not aware of freeBSD
specific issues.. Any comment will be appreciated.
I started to read the freeBSD handbook which already gave me a good
overview.

In particular:
I would like to know if there are issues with partitioning. I heard some
mobile computers had hidden partitions (for use by WinMe rescue cd kits).

Thanks in advance.

Pascal

PS: Hardware is the following:
Celeron 1Ghz, 256 MB
Graphic card: S3 Graphics Inc. Twister 32 MB (taken from the main memory)
Network card : Accton EN2242 Series MiniPCI Fast Ethernet
DVD-ROM/CDRW combo : Toshiba SD-R 2002
Firewire : IEEE 1394 OHCI
Standard USB ports
Soundcard: Crystal WDM Audio Codec from Cirrus Logic (probably a
motherboard integrated chipset)
Modem:Lucent WDM Communication device (also reported as LT Win modem) :
I read this was supported with an add-on driver/tool (lt)
PCMCIA :Cardbus O2Micro OZ6933 (2 slots)
ACPI : Via VT82C686
The rest of the devices i have seen listed seems to me rather usual.