Date:      Mon, 17 May 1999 16:24:37 +1000
From:      Andrew Johns <A_Johns@TurnAround.com.au>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   3.1R install fails when probing devices

I'm upgrading btw, from 3.0 release...well, trying to anyway

Hmmm - made the boot floppies as per usual -> all OK

Boot, change disks, configure kernel, everything probes OK as usual.

Screen changes to blue (usual) and "Please wait while devices are probed"
or words to that effect.

Then it "hangs" sort of - I can switch between virtual terminals (F1, F2)
and can type in ttyd1 - but no obvious messages on ttyd1 - any ideas
anyone??

--
Regards                        |  _/\_/\
Andrew Johns BSc (Comp Sci)    | /      \

"The box said 'Requires Windows 98, NT, Linux or better' so I installed
FreeBSD."