Date:      Tue, 28 Jan 2014 21:51:45 +0100
From:      Andrea Brancatelli <abrancatelli@schema31.it>
To:        Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org" <freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: BHyVe - ESXi comparison

What do you exactly mean with frontend? ESXi has no front end, that's the di=
fference with ESX, it's just a bare hypervisor.

On the contrary I think that having to host a java application in the machin=
e acting as an hypervisor is pretty crazy, especially considered java madnes=
s with memory, swap files and such...

Andrea "Mr.SK" Brancatelli

> On 28/gen/2014, at 20:58, Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com> wrote:=

>=20
> It would be interesting to know to how much and what extent various fronen=
ds (openstack, cloudstack, petitecloud, etc.) effect performence... I suspec=
t that even though bhyve is slower then VMWare that VMWare's front end is th=
e cause and not VMWare itself.... for example I suspect that bhyve with peti=
tecloud on top would be much faster then vmware or qemu with openstack or cl=
oudstack.