Date:      Sun, 02 Mar 2003 16:31:42 -0500
From:      Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@nic-naa.net>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IPFIREWALL, /dev/ipl and friends

Hi,

What is the mechanism in 5.0 for creating /dev/{ipauth,ipl,ipstate}?

MAKEDEV isn't in /dev (via buildworld/installworld)
MAKEDEV fails to create /dev/ipl.
mknod (from MAKEDEV) fails to create /dev/ipl.

I'm behind on reading -CURRENT, and -net (and -ipf), and pointers
would be appreciated.

Boxen are iXsystems, 2 CPU, 2 NIC (and very nice)

Eric

% diff WABANAKI GENERIC
25c25
< ident         WABANAKI
---
> ident         GENERIC
68,79d67
< # Firewall
< options               IPFIREWALL              #firewall
< options               IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE      #enable logging to syslogd(8)
< options               IPFIREWALL_FORWARD      #enable transparent proxy support
< options               IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=100    #limit verbosity
< options               IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT    #use ipf to close, not open
<
< # Do not decrement the ttl, hide firewall from traceroute class tools
< options         IPSTEALTH               #support for stealth forwarding
<
1,82c69,70
< options       SMP                     # Symmetric MultiProcessor Kernel
< options       APIC_IO                 # Symmetric (APIC) I/O

TiA,
Eric