Date:      Wed, 21 May 1997 03:47:26 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        bugs@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help! 2.2.2-R Crashing!

At 08:50 AM 5/21/97 +0200, you wrote:

>As Brett Glass wrote:
>
>> ---------------
>> Fatal trap 26: segment not present fault while in kernel mode
>> instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xf016ab85
>                                ^^^^^^^^^^
>
>Where is this?

Wish I knew. It's an awfully high address.

>> interrupt mask          =
>> panic: segment not present fault
>
>Uh, that's hard.  Are you sure the hardware is actually okay?

100%. Never failed once under 2.1.0.

Could not build a kernel on the system, either. Switched to the GENERIC
kernel and was able to build one that was slightly different (omitted the
vnode driver and added FAILSAFE and BROKEN_KEYBOARD_RESET). The change
seemed to mask the bug, whatever it was,  but I'll bet it's still there.

--Brett