Date:      Tue, 16 May 2000 22:22:07 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>
To:        "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>, Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>, Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Motif is now Open Source 8)

> >Unlike X (which rarely changes), I suspect the Motif stuff to change
> >alot.
>
> I'm unclear on what gyrations you are expecting from a mature API
> codified in an IEEE standard.  As long as you're using the Motif
> standard interface in your code you should have nothing to worry about.

Ahh, but I'm not expecting the API to change, but I'm expecting the
internals to change.  For example, Sun changed Motif in between JDK1.1
and JDK1.2 because of bugs in it.  Also, Motif doesn't compile under
FreeBSD cleanly right now, and I expect it to change as it supports
internationalization and such.

Nate