Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 2002 02:35:36 +0800
From:      "Martin Y. Chiu" <sothat@bsdx.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   core dump because of 512MB limit

Hi all,

    Due to use out of disk space, I bought a new disk and dump files to
    a another disk then restore back.

    But I have a problem now :( because there are a lot of files. The
    restore(8) will grow up until 512MB and then:

    no memory to extend symbol table
    abort? [yn] y
    dump core? [yn] y
    Abort

    Can I use sysctl to change something to break the limit of 512MB or
    is there any idea how to restore them ?

    I use
    gzip -dc /bighead/blah.dump.gz | restore -f - -r
    to restore files

    Thanks.
--
-sothat