Date:      Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:24:55 +1000
From:      Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
To:        Sean_Welch@alum.wofford.org
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPC progress

Hi Sean,

 Support for some older (cheaper :) new-world Macs - the original iMacs,
the B&W G3 and the PCI G4 should now work, although I'm still doing the
bmac ethernet driver for these platforms. I've successfully used an Intel FXP
card in a B&W G3.

 Peter Wemm did a fix for libgcc for amd64 that fixed the relocation
problems with libstdc++, so it's now possible to view man pages on PPC :-)

> I saw last week that the buildworld was broken for ppc
> so I haven't tried the cross compile yet.  Is that back
> on track?

 Yep, it's working again.

> Is it still necessary to patch for the toolchain?

 Yes - the patch David O'Brien posted is the one to use.

> Are we still using the same loader?

 The loader in the tree won't boot from CDROM, but should be fine for net-booting.
A CD-bootable loader can be obtained from http://www.freebsd.org/~grehan/loader

> Let me know what I can do to help.

 Run it up and let me know how it goes :-)

later,

Peter.