Date:      Mon, 07 Sep 1998 17:12:23 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@futuresouth.com>
Cc:        Jonathan Smith <jonsmith@fourier.physics.purdue.edu>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Parallel iomega zip

> On Sun, Sep 06, 1998 at 09:24:45PM +0000, Jonathan Smith woke me up to tell me:
> > I'm running an ASUS TXP4 (K5 133, 32 meg ram) running 3.0 current dated
> > around August 26.  Just to show it _could_ be done, I attempted to use a
> > parallel iomega zip drive.  Following the instructions from the LINT file,
> > I added the ppbus0, scbus0, sd0 and, finally, vp0.  I see nothing at boot
> > up time of these even being probed.  Any ideas?
>
> Here's my config:
> controller      ppbus0                  # ppbus shit
> controller      vpo0    at ppbus0       # ZIP support
> #device          new_lpt0   at ppbus0

I have no idea where "new_lpt0" ever came from.

> device          ppi0            at ppbus0
>
> controller      ppc0    at isa? port ? irq 7 vector ppcintr

If you're not seeing ppc0 being probed, then make sure you are
*completely* up to date with -current, try tuning your BIOS printer
port configuration, and then send your hardware details, BIOS settings
and (if you get anything relevant) your 'boot -v' output to
nsouch@freebsd.org.  I wouldn't mind a copy of it too.

> I think you need to include this also:
> controller		pnp0

No, you definitely don't need PnP support for this.