Date:      Sun, 6 Jan 2002 14:53:25 -0500
From:      "Andrew C. Hornback" <achornback@worldnet.att.net>
To:        "leegold" <leegold@operamail.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: kde question

	If you're running KDE as root, that's a problem right there.  If you're
running it as a regular user on the box, that should just be prompting for
your login password for the regular user account.

> Is there a default kde password?
> My only other alternative is to pull the plug on the system,
> I can not alt-f2 to another console and shutdown as root.

	Ctrl-Alt-Backspace doesn't kill the X server?  Used to have to use that
when xlock would freeze on my machine.  Pulling the plug isn't the best
idea.  Do you have another machine that you could use to telnet into the
machine that's locked up and kill the X server that way?

> I'm totally locked out. I appreciated the security but
> would appreciate knowing what the default password is
> so I regain my system.

	I don't think there IS a default password.

> also there should be a way to have the kde lock
> respond to two passwords - one for the user,
> one for the admin.

	Might want to talk to the developers about that one.

> cause if a user locked out of alt-fx at the console/terminal
> and forgets a pw it becomes a hassel at the local terminal.
>
> please tell me how to unlock - there has to be a default pw.
> I did not config after installing. (using freebsd)

	Try the suggestions that I've made, and see if you can make any headway on
this problem.

--- Andy