Date:      Tue, 15 Jan 2002 16:03:42 -0500
From:      Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@technokratis.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, Mats Lofkvist <mal@algonet.se>, imp@village.org, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 64 bit counters again

  OK, I think it's time to kill this discussion. I still think that
counting bytes is pretty lame but if "most" (I would hardly call it
"most," but whatever) people want a 64-bit counter on a 32-bit
architecture just to do this, then whatever. When I posted my original
concerns, it was only because I wanted to avoid having a huge sweep over
all the network code, converting all counters to 64-bit - which would be
ridiculous. If it's only a matter of one or two counters, as DG appeared
to suggest in an earlier post, let's just drop the discussion and you
can do/have someone else do whatever pleases "most" people.

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 09:30:52PM +0100, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <3C44902E.F9E0B6C@mindspring.com>, Terry Lambert writes:
>
> >THat's the main reason I sugested counting something else
> >instead of bytes.
>
> Terry, at this point I think we can conclude that this is not
> what the majority of people want.
>
> Now, please go away and stop wasting our time.
>
> --

 Bosko Milekic
 bmilekic@FreeBSD.org