Date:      Sat, 2 Mar 1996 09:50:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Bora Akyol <bora@wireless.stanford.EDU>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Getting IP address from a BOOTP Server

On Fri, 1 Mar 1996, Bora Akyol wrote:

> ethernet on campus. However, I think I need to use bootp to get
> dynamically assigned IP addresses at boot time. Once the address is
> assigned then  my machine has that IP address till it is turned off.
> Any takers on this ?

Are the addresses *really* dynamic?  Here at Indiana University, they use
bootp, but the addresses are static.  If they are static, you just need
to figure out what the address is (I used some dos software the
university supplied).

Still, a bootp configuration could be handy.

-john

== http://fieber-john.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber ============