Date:      Mon, 17 May 1999 08:59:26 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Adam Szilveszter <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
To:        charon@freethought.org
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Netscape US(128-bit encrption) version

Hi!

On Sun, 16 May 1999 charon@freethought.org wrote:

> At 08:27 AM 5/17/99 +0200, Adam Szilveszter wrote:
> >BTW, Netscape 4.6 is already out, for FreeBSD as well. Running it now,
> >there is no big difference just thought somebody might be interested. (Not
> >yet in the ports as far as I konw but no trouble to install)
>
> Really?  Where?  Not netscape.com... 4.51 is the latest they list (for any
> platform).
Yes, for some reason they seem to refresh their pages not quickly
enough...

go to: ftp.netscape.com (or your favourite mirror) and it should be under:

/pub/communicator/4.6/english/unix/unsupported/freebsd/ or similar.

 BTW I was notified via email from Browser Alert when it came out. (an old
service from the time when I used to be under Win:-)))) To subscribe, go
to http://www.browsers.com (they have some versions for d/l as well, may
be faster than the official Netscape site but nothing for FreeBSD this
far...
maybe we should write them because they already have Linux.:-)))))

P.S.: Anyone noticed that Linux libc5 version made it to the supported
directory for Communicator 4.6? Kinda interesting... time for a bit more
advocacy on FreeBSD, IMHO:-)))))

Regards:
          Szilveszter

          Szeged University