Date:      Sat, 18 Jan 2003 15:25:39 +0100
From:      Paul Everlund <tdv94ped@cs.umu.se>
To:        Alex <freebsd-reply@akruijff.dds.nl>
Cc:        Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>, Jim Freeze <jim@freeze.org>, FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Possible attack?

Alex wrote:
> Dear/Beste Bill,
>
> Friday, January 17, 2003, 4:01:43 PM, you wrote:
>
> > I've seen the "anonymous FTP denied" off and on.  I think that
 > > some folks just randomly attempt to connect to any FTP server
 > > they find in the hopes that there's cool stuff there.
>
> Or in the hopes that the can place some cool stuff there.

Hmmm... Why not open up ones FTP for anonymous access, without any
contents on it, then just sit and wait... Then, when there are some
cool stuff uploaded, one closes the anonymous access and the uploader
who tried to take advantage of you is screwed while you have got all
the free (probably illegal though) stuff. :-)

Have a nice weekend all!

Best regards,
Paul