Date:      Mon, 1 Dec 1997 10:28:20 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Mark Mayo <mark@vmunix.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, Jacques Vidrine <nectar@NECTAR.COM>, Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>, "hackers@freebsd.org" <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Out of Box experience (Was: Re: How is selection made of what goes into CDrom?)

> Has anyone ever looked into the QNX micro-gui (or whatever they call it
> these days) stuff??

I think that's Photon.

> I wonder if QNX would *ever* consider donating the tools to FreeBSD
> in return for a "QNX ad" at the start up of the install?

Last I heard, photon was their next 'big technology breakthrough', so I
highly doubt it.  They don't like to give out sources to anything, since
they're of the mind that they'd be giving out too much intellectual
property that way.  And, I have to agree with them since it appears that
the QNX folks are doing things quickly/effeciently that other folks only
make bogus claims about.  They're one of the few folks that have an
effecient working micro-kernel that can kick around most monolithic
kernel implementations in performance areas, plus have the flexibility
and extensibility of being a micro-kernel.

Nate