Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:26:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Philip Hallstrom <philip@adhesivemedia.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dell PowerVault 100T DDS4 -- does it work with FreeBSD?

Hi -
	A friend is putting together a small server and is looking at
getting the above tape drive.  It's a SCSI drive (adaptec 39160
controller).  I can't find a definitive answer as to whether it will work
or not, but I think it will.

- it's SCSI and HARDWARE.TXT says "With all supported SCSI controllers,
full support is provided for SCSI-I, SCSI-II, and SCSI-III peripherals,
including hard disks, optical disks, tape drives (including DAT, 8mm
Exabyte, Mammoth, and DLT), medium changers, processor target devices and
CD-ROM drives."

- Dell guarantees their stuff will work with Linux so it's going to be at
least close :)

- I haven't found anything that says it can't.

If anyone could confirm I'd appreciate it.

thanks!

-philip