Date:      Fri, 17 Oct 2014 13:24:34 +0000
From:      Ashutosh Kumar <mrashutosh@hotmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org" <freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org>
Subject:   io-apic interrupt migration on bhyve

 =0A=
Hi=2C=0A=
=0A=
I am witnessing some strange behavior w.r.t io-apic=0A=
interrupt migration on bhyve.=0A=
=0A=
I have below assignment for a level triggered=0A=
interrupt:=0A=
=0A=
 =0A=
=0A=
io-apic pin - p=0A=
=0A=
cpu vector - v=0A=
=0A=
cpu id - 0=0A=
=0A=
 =0A=
=0A=
when this interrupt is migrated to cpu 1 then=0A=
the assignment is as below=0A=
=0A=
 =0A=
=0A=
io-apic pin - p=0A=
=0A=
cpu vector - v1=0A=
=0A=
cpu id - 1=0A=
=0A=
 =0A=
=0A=
When VM boots up then OS is getting interrupts for =0A=
=0A=
 =0A=
=0A=
io-apic pin - p=0A=
=0A=
cpu vector - v1=0A=
=0A=
cpu id - 0=0A=
=0A=
 =0A=
=0A=
Added debug prints in vioapic_write function=0A=
to check the values written to io-apic rte for this pin and then VM gets=0A=
correct interrupts i.e (vector v=2C cpu 0 ) before the interrupts are migra=
ted and=0A=
(vector v1=2C cpu 1) after the migration When prints are removed then the=
=0A=
problem happens and we see interrupts for (vector v1 and cpu 0).
RegardsAshutosh 		 	   		  =