Date:      Thu, 10 Oct 2002 17:53:07 -0500
From:      Nick Slager <zith@zith.net>
To:        Nathan Kinkade <nkinkade@sub21-156.member.dsl-only.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vmware

Thus spake Nathan Kinkade (nkinkade@sub21-156.member.dsl-only.net):

> I was just running it in 640x480 mode.  It kept barking at me that I needed to
> install vmare-tools in order to run at a higher resolution.  I installed
> vmware-tools and played around with it, but as soon as I looked at the XF86Config
> file that it wanted me to install I quickly pkg_deinstall'ed it.  I also had to

I think that's referring to the vmware-tools that come as part of the
vmware software.

Choose `VMware Tools Install' from the Settings menu after your VM
has booted, then double-click the icon for your floppy drive in
My Computer. The software there will enable you to run your microsoft VM
in resolutions other than standard vga (640x480x16colors).

My microsoft vm currently runs at 1024x768x16bit on a 1400x1050x16bit
X display.

Regards,

Nick

--
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty."
  -- Douglas Adams