Date:      Fri, 07 Sep 2001 16:54:21 +1000
From:      Tony Jeftimov <tonyj@cmstransport.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem with ucd-snmp 4.2.1

--------------33DD9FF7F321947D2319F249

    I'm new to FreeBSD but I'm finding it very useful with its huge
range of app's.
What I'm working on at the moment is monitoring network stats using mrtg
(another very useful tool). I've downloaded the snmp package from your
ports website, aswell as the other prerequisites that it requires.
    Using the "Webmin" tool, I've installed those packages, but when I
try  "snmpwalk my.local.server public" , I get the following error
message < /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libcrypto.so.2" not
found > .

The version of FreeBSD I'm running is "FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE", we were not
the ones that installed it. Have I not installed correctly ? Do I need
to install extra bits ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Tony Jeftimov

--------------33DD9FF7F321947D2319F249

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm new to FreeBSD but I'm finding it very useful with
its huge range of app's.
mrtg (another very useful tool). I've downloaded the snmp package from
your ports website, aswell as the other prerequisites that it requires.
but when I try&nbsp; <tt>"snmpwalk my.local.server public"</tt> , I get
the following error message <tt>&lt; /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object
"libcrypto.so.2" not found > </tt>.