Date:      Thu, 7 Mar 2002 02:12:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   pkg_add flight? mv -ipRP? mail.domain.com:995/user=me

Hello everyone (look ma, no more headers).  I have three quick questions.

(1) Why does "pkg_add -r pkgname" first download the .tgz tarball *then*
tell the user "pkgname-xx-x.x" is already installed?  Why not the reverse?

(2) Why does "mv -ipRP directory /someplace/else/" create new
[sub]directories during this process, and yet "ls -al" shows the last
modification times as "just now," rather than preserving the mtime?

(3) Finally, has anybody got Pine to securely use IMAPs or POP3s to
retrieve mail from another unix box?  I can't get it to work, and I'm
getting real tired of "ssh'ing" over and doing a lot of "~^Z" suspensions :]

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder