Date:      Sat, 14 Aug 1999 16:48:41 +0100 (BST)
From:      Martin Smith <martin@chiron-s.demon.co.uk>
To:        Dennis Jun <dennisjun@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bootup and dmesg errors

On Sat, 14 Aug 1999, Dennis Jun wrote:

> Hello, I'd just first like to say thanx for all the ppl
> who helped me get my kernel online :)
>
> However, I have a quick question. Whenever I boot up, or
> type in "dmesg" I get these "no such device" errors. Yet,
> I have commented those devices out of my kernel config
> file; plus my kernel boots up just fine. Everything seems
> to ok, but these errors are annoying. Can anyone help?

funnily enough I had exactly the same problem after first installing 3.2,
unknown devices that were absolutely not in the new kernel I had made
look in /boot/kernel.conf, I just renamed the file to kernel.conf.false as
a reminder, maybe it is a bug of sorts... maybe it is just one of those
things....

--
martin