Date:      Sat, 09 Dec 95 13:32:15 -0500
From:      system PRIVILEGED account <root@net.bluemoon.net>
To:        bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   INN package *non*Install!

I have repeatedly attempted to FTP Install INN1.4 through 10 or 15 sites and
although there are files on the sites for INN the install will NOT get the
package! I can get CNews and NNTP, but our network provider only supports setup
info for INN. Go figure. I have CNews installed, but there are no setup info
files either on the system or on the web that I can find! Maddening! I have
heard that only masochists run CNews and now I know why! I have browsed the
package that have been installed files, but have picked up very little on how
to actually configure CNews. I'm really under the gun to get news going and I'm
at about the same place I was at 3 days ago when I first booted FBSD.

I have attempted to build INN by hand several times and it just bombs horribly.
I have no idea how to get a bin of INN for FreeBSD and I desperately need it.
I'm still running a genkernal which works great at the moment for me as I have
no special needs and all the devices not used on my system are disabled.

All I am trying to do with the FreeBSD Machine is run internet news for our
network. It's very frustrating. Almost all of the other packages installed
flawlessly, but after repeatedly reinstalling the entire OS 7 or 8 times I
still have no INN.

I also can't seem to find out how to create a configuration floppy to use with
a post install configuration and I'm getting weary of renterring all the
network and filesystem info every time I boot from the boot floppy.

I would really appreciate any help anyone can offer to me, I'm no stranger to
Unix, I built a Digital Unix (osf1) system from scratch that runs internet for
us.

--

J. Henry Priebe Jr.       President & Network Adminstrator
root@net.bluemoon.net     Blue Moon Internet Services