Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 1999 10:19:43 +0100
From:      Stefano Riva <sriva@alice.it>
To:        notme <notme@lvdi.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: windows 95 connect to FreeBSD

At 00.35 22/03/99 -0800, you wrote:
>    I am just wondering how to setup a FreeBSD box as a server for
>bunch of Windows 95 machines, so that the Windows 95 machines
>can either a) see the FreeBSD as a network drive or through network
>neightbor hood, or b) able to logon (not using telnet, these machine

  It's kinda easy. Just install FreeBSD and the Samba package. If you want
vice-versa (seeing Windows boxes from FreeBSD), install Sharity Light too.
If you want to access the FreeBSD box even from Macs, install Netatalk too.
With Samba and Netatalk you could even use the FreeBSD box as a print
server for both worlds (it works better than Intranetware, in my experience).
  All the mentioned applications are in the ports, so they are almost
"plug&play". For more info, look at the applications' page of www.freebsd.org.

---

  Stefano Riva
  Software Engineer - System Administrator
  Informazioni Editoriali I.E. Srl
  Phone +39-027528400, Fax +39-027528451
  Email sriva@alice.it