Date:      Wed, 9 Mar 2005 22:23:17 +0100
From:      piotr.smyrak@heron.pl
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: issues discovered after installing 2.9.91

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 15:46:48 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote
> piotr.smyrak@heron.pl wrote:
> |
> | 2. Please look at this shot:
> | http://eko.org.pl/~smyru/shots/nautilus-icons-wrong-place.png
> |
> | This shows wrongly positioned icons in some folders
> opened by | Nautilus. I was not able to figure out why,
>  saw no errors in | console.
>
> Yeah, I've never seen this, and no one else has reported
> it.  Are you sure you updated everything, and nothing
> depends on old libraries?

I attached list of the installed ports. I have noticed this
behaviour when I had compiled all of CVS Gnome 2.10 2 days ago still
with the ports in 2.9.x versions, but I was not reporting it. I
recompiled all ports yesterday and today on the same test machine,
and the folders preserved the quirk habit. I am positive that all
the ports are updated, since I just did portupgrade -fr atk -x
'>=atk' to prevent library version collisions after atk upgraded.

> | 4. Operator group member can't shutdown the box.
>
> You need to be running gdm to get the shutdown/reboot
> options when logging out in GNOME 2.10.

That's a shame. I liked the old way.

rgrds,
--