Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2002 22:21:52 +0300
From:      Andy Fawcett <andy@athame.co.uk>
To:        Christer Gundersen <dtun3z@online.no>, ache@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: apache13-1.3.26

On Wednesday 19 June 2002 22:13, Christer Gundersen wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I dont know if this is a apache question og a "portupgrade" question,
> but i try you anyway ;-)
>
> When Apache is upgraded(when it needs a new rebuid), the install will
> delete the contens in /usr/local/www* , this is _very_ bad if you
> have a lot of info here.
>
> What about a solution here? (I`m not a developer, so i cant help.
> sorry)

You can prevent the data and cgi-bin directories being wiped out by
breaking the symlinks to the *-default directories, then creating data
and cgi-bin as proper directories.

IMO, the port sucks in this respect (having lost a months worth of work
in the past because of it)

Just create the dirs instead of symlinks, and all should be fine at the
next portupgrade.

A.

--
Andy Fawcett      |   "In an open world without walls and fences,
andy@athame.co.uk |      we wouldn't need Windows and Gates."