Date:      Thu, 07 Mar 2002 09:36:14 +0200
From:      "Malan Joubert" <malan_joubert@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Forte for java on FreeBSD install error

Hi
I’m trying to install the forte port on FreeBSD.
Version: forte-3.0_2
I copied the .class file into /distfiles and tried to install the port but
it said it needed:
/usr/local/linux-jdk1.3.1/bin/java

I only had the jdk1.4.0 for linux installed, so I copied the sdk to /
usr/local/linux-jdk1.3.1/ and make installed the port again but it now give
me the following error:

make install
===>  Installing for forte-3.0_2
===>   forte-3.0_2 depends on file: /usr/local/linux-jdk1.3.1/bin/java -
found
===>   forte-3.0_2 depends on shared library: X11.6 - found
install: /usr/local/share/java/forte4j/bin: No such file or directory
*** Error code 71

Stop in /usr/ports/java/forte.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/java/forte.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/java/forte.

I create the directory it asked for only to be told that I have already got
forte installed and should uninstall it before installing the new version…

Has anyone got any ideas as to what is wrong? I would think that it is not
the sdk’s version giving the error as it should work on a never sdk?

BTW The sdk works and compiles a basic “hello world” app

Any help would be much appreciated,
Malan Joubert