Date:      Tue, 27 Oct 1998 22:35:20 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, Steven Yang <syang@directhit.com>, "'freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FW: Can't get rid of my mbufs.

> SUre, the FastCGI stuff is probably doing something more complex than
> static files and it does double the total transfered (from fastcgi to the
> server, from the server to the client), but still...

Hmm, I wasn't aware that the fastcgi reference implied a second server.
How does it communicate with the server proper?  INET domain
connection(s)?  Local domain connections?  Named pipes?  Shared memory?

It sounds like there might be room there for many mbufs to be
legitimately consumed, effectively leaked by the application
interaction.