Date:      Wed, 2 Mar 2005 03:27:09 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Installation instructions for Firefox somewhere?

You get what you pay for.  If you want a response immediately then pay
money to
one of the many FreeBSD consultants/contractors.  I'll make you a deal,
even -
if you guarentee to pay me the same rate that Microsoft charges for tech
support on their products ($35 an incident) I will personally provide you
with an answer to any question you want to ask - at the $35 per question
rate, of course, and with the exact same disclaimers that Microsoft gives
you for their $35 incidents.  Oh and I almost forgot - since it's the
same
terms as the Microsoft support, that means you have to buy the copy of
FreeBSD from me - and I think my going rate on that is the same as
Windows
Server, which is something like $800 a copy. ;-)  (you have after all
said FreeBSD isn't a desktop OS) ;-)

> > Also, I don't generally answer questions that I have to do a lot of
> > digging on because the questioner didn't put in enough data.  Such as
> > your SCSI question.  You posted the dmesg but you still haven't
> > posted the model of HP server.
>
> I thought I had.  HP Vectra XU 6/200 D4352N/ABF.
>
> > This is assuming you are mixing interfaces, which is still to be
> > determined.
>
> I'm not.
>
> > Also one other thing that is important - if you don't get an answer
> > within a week or so, ask again, politely.
>
> How do I ask after the second post with no reply?  On bended knee?

Just keep asking periodically.  Or, you could e-mail the developer of
the SCSI device driver directly, it's not hard to read the source and
see who it is, and their e-mail addresses are on the FreeBSD website.

Ted